In this video: What some California water suppliers do to serve their ag customers while helping to keep water in streams for fish, and how moisture sensors save water and money for one farmer. Read More . . .
With Chinook facing lethally high stream temperatures, scientists deploy new device to help manage the dwindling supply of cold water the fish need to survive. Read More . . .
Improvements in the Columbia and Snake River Basins are leading to record Snake River fall Chinook returns. Read More . . .
In this video: through the Voluntary Drought Initiative, NOAA Fisheries & the California Department of Fish & Wildlife work with water users to protect endangered fish throughout the drought. Read More . . .
California Coastal Chinook, Northern California steelhead, & Central California Coast steelhead once thrived in coastal watersheds. NOAA released a proposed plan to recover these three species. Read More . . .
- Puget Sound
- Columbia & Snake
Columbia & Snake Basins
Willamette River Basin
Klamath River Basin
- Central Valley
Central Valley Projects
- National Marine Sanctuary 2015 Hollings Grants: Oct 7th- Introduction Webinar. Oct 22nd- Preproposals are due. NMSF’s annual Hollings Grants, supported by the Ocean Awareness Trust Fund, initiate and strengthen projects that honor former Sen. Ernest F. Hollings’s commitment to increasing the American public’s understanding of our ocean.
- 2015 Overfishing Determinations released for 4 salmon stocks: FAQs
- Endangered Species Recovery Grants for FY2015 Annouced, and a Call for Proposals for 2016 Grants.
- The Tulalip Tribes & NOAA breached a Snohomish River levee today, allowing access to prime salmon rearing habitat
- NOAA Fisheries is taking steps to further assess an endangered Southern Resident killer whale that appears to have a salmon lure hanging from its mouth.
- NOAA Fisheries issues proposed regulations for the designation of experimental populations under the Endangered Species Act. Comments due by October 2nd.
Get the facts. Learn how NOAA ensures safe, healthy, and sustainable seafood.FishWatch