NOAA Fisheries is providing guidelines to prevent further loss of one of nature’s most valuable and productive habitats in the marine environment—eelgrass. Read More . . .
Understanding the role abalone play in different ecosystems is important for their recovery and the health and resiliency of the marine habitats they support. Read More . . .
In this video: government agencies and private landowners collaborate and compromise on water for endangered salmon. Our first in a series about water use during California’s drought. Read More . . .
Financial management strategy may seem an unlikely method to save wild salmon, but NOAA is using a key financial lesson to restore Central California Coast coho to the Scott River. Read More . . .
The removal of the old San Clemente Dam and the rerouting of the Carmel River is the result of unprecedented cooperation among stakeholder groups. Read More . . .
- Puget Sound
- Columbia & Snake
Columbia & Snake Basins
Willamette River Basin
Klamath River Basin
- Central Valley
Central Valley Projects
- The Tulalip Tribes & NOAA breached a Snohomish River levee today, allowing access to prime salmon rearing habitat
- NOAA Fisheries is taking steps to further assess an endangered Southern Resident killer whale that appears to have a salmon lure hanging from its mouth.
- NOAA Fisheries issues proposed regulations for the designation of experimental populations under the Endangered Species Act. Comments due by October 2nd.
- NOAA Fisheries to hold workshops on Puget Sound steelhead hatcheries
- NMFS filed notice of Intent to prepare an EIS on 5 Puget Sound steelhead programs; comments close August 13, 2015
- NOAA Fisheries issued regulations under the Tuna Conventions Act for limits on U.S. commercial Pacific bluefin tuna catch in IATTC waters for 2015/2016.
Get the facts. Learn how NOAA ensures safe, healthy, and sustainable seafood.FishWatch