There was not much left of the victim. Scientists used genetics to identify what fell prey to the killer whale attack off the coast of central California Read More . . .
Oregon’s Foster Dam just got an upgrade, one that is proving vital to the survival of threatened Upper Willamette River spring Chinook salmon and winter steelhead. Read More . . .
A newly established NOAA Fisheries coordinator & team will work with anglers & fisheries managers to improve recreational fishing opportunity and stewardship throughout the Pacific states. Read More . . .
In January, 30 eager youth headed out for the experience of a lifetime. The kids boarded the Dolphin for a day of fishing and viewing marine life—something few had ever dreamt of. Read More . . .
We are pleased to announce the recipients of this year’s Science in Studio Award: Protecting Our Waters from Toxic Pollutants. Read More . . .
- Puget Sound
- Columbia & Snake
Columbia & Snake Basins
Willamette River Basin
Klamath River Basin
- Central Valley
Central Valley Projects
- Final Rule to Implement Vessel Monitoring System and Pre-trip Notification Requirements in the West Coast Drift Gillnet Fishery
- NOAA Fisheries releases 12-month finding on petition to revise critical habitat designation for Southern Resident killer whales.
- We are releasing a draft of our West Coast Region Strategic Plan: 2016-2020 for public comment. We will accept comments through March 16, 2015.
- Updated information on the increased number of California sea lions stranding on California beaches in 2015.
- NOAA Fisheries West Coast Region Electronic Technologies Implementation Plan
- NOAA Fisheries published a Federal Register notice including captive killer whale, Lolita, in the endangered species listing for Southern Resident killer whales.
Get the facts. Learn how NOAA ensures safe, healthy, and sustainable seafood.FishWatch