Southern Resident Killer Whales: 10 Years of Research & Conservation report released Read More . . .
Under the ESA, NOAA Fisheries designated an “experimental population” to reintroduce spring-run Chinook salmon to the Okanogan River. Read More . . .
The West Coast groundfish fishery receives "sustainable" certification from the Marine Stewardship Council, citing NOAA Fisheries' catch shares program as the driver of the new designation. Read More . . .
Three species of salmon and steelhead in California's Central Valley currently face extinction. A new NOAA Fisheries' Recovery Plan is guiding restoration efforts. Read More . . .
Sockeye salmon are breaking records, passing Bonneville in numbers not seen since the dam was completed in 1938. The return to Lower Granite Dam is the third strongest since 1975. Read More . . .
- Puget Sound
- Columbia & Snake
Columbia & Snake Basins
Willamette River Basin
Klamath River Basin
- Central Valley
Central Valley Projects
- Public notice announcing swordfish drift gillnet directed fishing closure, effective through August 31, 2014.
- New plan now in place to guide recovery of Central Valley salmon and steelhead
- NOAA Fisheries releases proposed recovery plan for Snake River sockeye salmon and is accepting public comments through September 19, 2014.
- NOAA Fisheries releases draft environmental impact statement for Puget Sound salmon and steelhead hatchery programs.
- Determination of Observer Programs as Qualified and Authorized by the Assistant Administrator for Fisheries
- NOAA Fisheries designates experimental spring-run Chinook population, facilitating reintroduction into the Okanogan River.
Get the facts. Learn how NOAA ensures safe, healthy, and sustainable seafood.FishWatch