Pacific Whiting Treaty

Management of the coastal stock of Pacific whiting is accomplished through a bilateral agreement between the United States and Canada, known as the Pacific Whiting Treaty. The agreement allocates a set percentage of the harvest quota to American and Canadian fishermen. Currently, the United States harvests nearly 74 percent of the annual quota and Canada the remaining 26 percent.

Meetings

2018/2019 Pacific Hake/Whiting Treaty Meetings Schedule

Past meetings

JMC Meeting July 31, 2018

JTC Meeting, December 2017

JMC Meeting, March 2017

Various types of information about Pacific whiting and implementation of the Pacific Whiting Treaty, including harvest specifications, meeting notices, etc. can be found on our Public Notices web page.

Committees and Panels

Advisory Panel

Call for Nominations to AP - due 8/11/2017

Joint Management Committee

Joint Technical Committee

Scientific Review Group



If you need assistance in accessing any documents on this page, please contact: nmfs.wcr.pdf508help@noaa.gov