To protect vulnerable species, we must protect their natural habitats. The Endangered Species Act provides a tool, known as a Habitat Conservation Plan, to do just this. Read More . . .
NOAA research and forecasting unifies conservationists, farmers, and winegrowers vying for a limited water supply in California's Russian River. Read More . . .
Locally developed system balances the water needs of Oregon farmers with that of protected steelhead by keeping cool water in streams during extreme heat. Read More . . .
To commemorate Earth Day, NOAA staff will be rolling up their sleeves to restore shoreline habitat along Lake Washington at our Western Regional Center in Seattle. Read More . . .
NOAA and partners awarded $4.9M for long-term stewardship of sites in Commencement Bay, WA. A new collaborative will conserve habitat and provide shoreline access to urban communities. Read More . . .
- Puget Sound
- Columbia & Snake
Columbia & Snake Basins
Willamette River Basin
Klamath River Basin
- Central Valley
Central Valley Projects
- Washington Sea Grant and Oregon State University are launching a website to provide resources to prevent seabird bycatch in West Coast longline fisheries.
- 02/24/2014 Federal Register Notice; request for comments. Criteria to Assist the Assistant Administrator in Determining if an Observer Program is Qualified and Authorized.
- NOAA Fisheries designates a non-essential experimental population of Central Valley spring-run Chinook salmon to help restore the species into portions of the San Joaquin River
- NOAA adopts plan to recover South-Central California Coast steelhead
- Bay Delta Conservation Plan & Draft Environmental Impact Report/Environmental Impact Statement Available for Public Comment
- Climate & the Endangered Species Act: Conservation Biology publishes eight peer-reviewed papers authored by NOAA scientists and partners. Papers provide guidance on incorporating climate change into ESA decision making.
Get the facts. Learn how NOAA ensures safe, healthy, and sustainable seafood.FishWatch