Northwest scientists go out into the Puget Sound with local fishermen to learn more about Rockfish, and plan for their recovery. Read More . . .
NOAA Fisheries is watching a persistent expanse of exceptionally warm water spanning the Gulf of Alaska that could send reverberations through the marine food web. Read More . . .
New rule proposes use of streamer lines to keep endangered short-tailed albatross from getting caught in fishing gear. Read More . . .
An Oregon charter boat captain pleaded guilty and was sentenced for harvesting protected wild coho salmon with sport fishing clients. Read More . . .
- Puget Sound
- Columbia & Snake
Columbia & Snake Basins
Willamette River Basin
Klamath River Basin
- Central Valley
Central Valley Projects
- Comment period extended for Puget Sound hatchery programs draft environmental impact statement, now closing Nov. 24, 2014.
- Effective October 20, 2014, NOAA Fisheries issues final rule on measures to protect whale sharks in tuna fisheries.
- As of September 5, 2014, commercial fishing for Pacific bluefin tuna closed through 2014.
- NOAA Fisheries proposes a Seabird Avoidance Program in the Pacific Coast Groundfish Fishery; public comments must be received by October 9, 2014
- NOAA Fisheries, U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, and Washington State's Department of Natural Resources release proposed habitat conservation plan for managing state-owned aquatic lands for 90-day public comment period.
- NOAA Fisheries releases final environmental impact statement for Mitchell Act funded hatcheries in the Columbia River Basin.
Get the facts. Learn how NOAA ensures safe, healthy, and sustainable seafood.FishWatch